Health Guarantee - purchase of a puppy from Cherie's Bulldogs constitutes the agreement that you have read and consent to the following contract and guarantee:
I no longer accept vet reports from BANFIELD/PETSMART
They consistenly deceive their customers in order to charge for extra services.
Please support your local independent veterinarian
The purpose of this contract is to describe to Buyer what safeguards and guarantees they can expect from the Breeder or Broker, and to protect the interests of both Cherie Morgan (hereinafter referred to as “Broker”) and the “Buyer”. "Breeder" is the individual party who bred the dog.
Pups may be held in advance of pick-up date with a $500 deposit. If a Buyer changes their mind for any reason, $400 is refundable. If the Buyer decides to buy another puppy at a future date, the $100 will be applied to the purchase price.
1. All dogs are sold as pet quality. There is no guarantee or warranty that any dog will be breed or show quality.
2. Broker guarantees the dog to be in good health and sound temperament at the time of sale. At the Buyer’s expense, Buyer must take said dog to a licensed veterinarian of their choice within 4 days for a health check. If the veterinarian finds the dog to be 'unfit for sale' due to a serious health condition at this time (if they exist, issues such as parasites, worms, fleas, coccydia, giardia, demodex, mites, etc. are not considered serious health conditions as they are temporary and easily treatable), the Buyer must provide a Veterinary Report to the Broker. Broker shall then:
A) Replace the dog with the next available like prospect or mutually agreeable animal provided the live dog and registration papers are returned within 4 days; or
B) Refund 100% of the purchase price provided the live dog and registration papers are returned within 4 days.
3. Neither the Breeder nor the Broker is responsible for any veterinary bills incurred.
4. If the Buyer does not take the dog to a veterinarian within this time frame, then the health guarantee is void.
5. The dog is guaranteed to be free of hereditary crippling/disabling defects by 12 months of age. This guarantee does not cover what in the bulldog breed is considered normal: cherry eye, entropion, loose hips, skin allergies, elongated soft palate, and stenotic nares (collapsed nostrils.) Costs of the vet opinions are to be assumed by Buyer and must be corroborated by the Broker's vet. Options in such a case are:
A) Breeder will replace the dog with the next available like prospect or mutually agreeable animal, provided the live dog and registration papers are returned to Broker as soon as possible (no more than two weeks) after discovery of said defect; or
B) Neuter fee refunded (up to $50.00) upon proof of neutering should Buyer elect to keep the dog.
6. Dog is purebred and the pedigree is correct. Dog is able to be registered with AKC (or comparable registry), and form is given at time of sale or mailed as soon as practicable. Buyer will send in the papers.
7. If Buyer intends to breed this dog, Buyer agrees to only breed it to a dog registered with one of the recognized registries such as AKC. The dog must be of the same breed, of sound temperament and free of any major known faults, disqualifying faults, or hereditary defects.
8. Buyer agrees to: Annual veterinary check-ups, including Heartworm check; to keep all immunizations current according to AVMA guidelines to properly administer Heartworm preventatives; to provide adequate housing according to state law; to confine the animal in a home, fenced yard or kennel run and not keep it on a chain. The animal shall not be allowed to roam.
9. If in the future Buyer finds himself/herself unable to keep the dog, he/she may contact the Broker to help find another home for the dog.
10. In the event the dog comes back to he Broker, the cost of transportation will be the responsibility of Buyer. On receipt of the dog, Broker will endeavor to find a new home for the dog. Any money received for the dog by Broker will be returned to Buyer, less the expenses incurred by Broker in boarding and placing the dog.
11. No other conditions, guarantees, or obligations concerning the sale of this dog apply. The agreement may be modified or amended only in writing and signed by both parties. By purchasing a dog, we agree that we have read, understand and will abide by all of the terms of this contract.